Motorola ROKR E8. From talk to music in one touch, ROKR E8 features cutting-edge, easy-to-use controls that allow a smooth transition from phone to MP3 player to imaging device.
TRANSFORMING THE MUSIC EXPERIENCE
Motorola designed ROKR E8 to deliver an uncompromised consumer experience for music or talk. Using breakthrough ModeShift technology from Motorola, the quad-band GPRS/EDGE device presents users with only the controls they need, at the time they need them, instantly transforming from music player to phone to imaging device with the touch of a button. Simply move a thumb across the FastScroll navigation wheel to search for music (music mode), contacts (phone mode), calendar (phone mode) and multimedia (imaging mode). A perfect blend of art and science, the face of the E8 is a sleek, seamless panel that features the first haptic touch pad from Motorola, which provides vibrating, tactile feedback when the user touches virtual buttons.
LIBERATE YOUR MUSIC LIBRARY
ROKR E8 is designed for music. The device enables the ultimate freedom in loading songs from multiple sources and is compatible with standard connectors, software and accessories. Compatibility with Windows™ Media Player™ 11 on the PC allows users to easily transfer their favorite music onto the device, access to more than 200 online music stores and simple drag-and-drop organizing of songs, artists, albums and playlists. Discovering and downloading new music has never been easier with the ROKR E8's built-in FM radio (optional 3.5mm headphones must be plugged in) and the Song ID feature that recognizes and displays tune information2. Share music with friends over the built-in speaker, break free from wires with stereo Bluetooth® wireless technology3, or use a favorite set of standard stereo wired headphones using the 3.5 mm headset jack.
The ROKR E8 took the spotlight at CES 2008 with a number of key honors from leading technology media outlets. It is expected to be available in Q1 2008. For more information regarding pricing and product availability in your region, please contact your local Motorola representative, or register for ROKR E8 email updates.
* ModeShift technology transforms the device from phone to music player to imaging device with the touch of a button
* FastScroll navigation wheel allows for scrolling through songs, contact and image library with the slide of a thumb
* Innovative haptics technology provides tactile response when a virtual key is pressed
* 2GB internal memory4; optional external memory support up to 4GB capacity
* Microsoft™ music ecosystem support
* 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, stereo Bluetooth wireless technology (A2DP)3
* 2.0 megapixel camera with 8x zoom, multi-shot feature, video capture and playback
* Airplane mode to play uninterrupted music in the air, even without a SIM card
* Talking phone offers a voice readout of text messages while dialing number or when receiving a call
* MIDI, MP3, AAC, AAC+, Enhanced AAC+, WMA, WAV, AMR-NB, Real Audio (RA) v10
* Crystal Talk™ technology
* Full HTML browser